Temporary Visa Information

Visa Information

If you are the parent or guardian of a student who is an eligible Temporary Resident of Western Australia, the school may be entitled to government assistance with the cost of the students education. This would reduce your school tuition fees to the same level as that paid by permanent residents.

To be eligible, the student must be one of the following:

    • A permanent resident of Western Australia with a parent or guardian resident in this state
    • A temporary resident on an eligible Visa
    • On an approved Commonwealth Government Scholarship

A temporary resident on an eligible Visa.

If you are considering enrolling a student who is a Temporary Resident and who may be eligible for government assistance, please contact the school Enrolment Officer for initial advice. The school will need to know the Visa number and subclass title in order to assist you further.

If you submit an Application for Enrolment, you will need to provide:

  • A photocopy of the Visa showing the student’s name, subclass and expiry date.

A comprehensive list of Visa subclasses that are eligible for per capita grants is available from the Western Australian Department of Education Services on 9411 1956.